Am 05.07.11 19:12, schrieb Rob Weir:
On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Raphael Bircher<r.birc...@gmx.ch>  wrote:
Am 05.07.11 18:27, schrieb Rob Weir:
I'd like to help move this discussion forward.  I'm not perceiving any
*strong* opinions on the Bugzilla versus JIRA question.  But I am
hearing several suggest that JIRA is a better tracker (custom
dashboards in particular were called out).  Bugzilla got some nods for
the ease of migration and the customization done to the OOo version.
Let's wait a little bit longer. The OOo Bugzilla is adapted in same case to
the project. First I'like to have a database dump and the used bugzilla
templates. So we can find out the difference between normal Bugzilla and the
OOo Bugzilla. And If we realy want to mofe to JIRA then we should first
evaluate the possible problem Areas.

Is this something that you are working on?

Right now, I'm only exploring feasibility, what is possible.  If we
find that migration to JIRA is feasible, then I'd propose going ahead
with it.  But now I am exploring.  But I think this is something that
we can do quickly.  It is one of the easier areas to migrate.
Yes, I working on this at the moment

For my point of view it's not a good idea to setup now all tools. Else we
will maybe run in the problem, that we can't import the old data.

Our notes crossed, but did you see the my idea of migrating first to a
clean, uncustomized Bugzilla, and then from there to JIRA?
No, our Bugzilla is adapted cause the normal bugzilla does not cover all of our needs. So we have to look first if JIRA cover's all our needs. It's not a good Idea to make a desidation about a tool without know, what's our feature request. (Oh, this tool looks great, let's take this one)

Bugzilla to Bugzilla sould be not a problem, if we can take over the adaptions for the OOo Bugzilla

Bugzilla to JIRA.

If we like to move to JIRA we should check the flowing first:

* Cover JIRA all our Features wich we have in Bugzilla?
* Has JIRA the same or better performance?
* How we migrate from Bugzilla to JIRA? Works the migrations tools fine etc. Remember, migrations tools can easely fail, if a tool is adapted. Therefor we have to test it first, and maybe we have to adapt it.

Greetings Raphael