On 20.07.2011 13:41, Eike Rathke wrote:
The most problematic is the RPATH for URE patch, but I have no idea
anyway how to proceed with libstdc++.so.6 and libgcc_s.so.1 that so far
were distributed with the URE and are LGPL. If we don't, then the patch
would be moot.

that is an interesting point: we currently ship binaries of C++ runtime libraries in the installation sets. i know that we do this for Linux and Windows, don't know about other platforms; presumably relicensing GCC or MSVC runtime under Apache license is not an option.

i guess we can probably drop the GCC libraries nowadays, because libstdc++ doesn't change its ABI as much as it used to, so everybody should have a good enough one on their system.

i wonder what would happen if we drop MSVC runtime?