From: Rob Weir [mailto:apa...@robweir.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2011 11:40
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: When does one become a committer?

After we vote in a new committer, there are several steps that follow,
including sending them an note telling them they've been voted in,
having them return an iCLA, waiting for the iCLA to be recorded,
choosing an Apache ID, getting an Apache account, etc.

At what point are they considered officially to be a committer?  For
example, at what point can they veto a code modification?

I'm trying to better understand the status of those who never complete
the above set of steps.