I support Malte's recommendation to add two individuals that are currently
in-common with respect to OpenOffice.org (traditional) and LibreOffice.

 - Dennis

MORE THOUGHTS

Of the three of us moderating the ooo-security list, I believe only one of us
has experience in these matters, and that is Malte.  Malte who recommends
accepting two subscribers who are also on the OOo-security list and the
LibreOffice security list.  One of them (Caolan) is known to me already.

Also, when we were advised (twice) by security to do this, it was recommended
that we find a way to cross-couple.

I think it is important to establish this coverage in advance of a problem,
since rapid, mutual assessment can be critical in the case of a critical
exploit (and I have none in mind).

Finally, we at Apache Oo.o are not the nexus here.  At the moment we don't have
a distro, we don't even have an issues mechanism, let alone a way to accept a
patch.  The odds are that anything in the current base is going to be acted on
most adroitly by LibreOffice first, others if impacted, and then ourselves when
we are in a position to issue remediated code.

I for one would also welcome participation by security experts from other
sources, including experts from IBM and Microsoft too.

With regard to iCLAs, I don't think that is critical with regard to assessment
and even discussion of remedies.  It only matters when patches are prepared and
it seems reasonable for that to be done by our own PPMC for our code base (when
we have one).  It might not serve other distros and implementations to rely on
our patch, but in any case it is also appropriate to coordinate disclosure and
remedy and not presume that everyone is downstream from us.