I think this makes sense. IMO, most end-users just call it openoffice
anyhow. The dot-org part is ignored just like the state code in conversation
about "where do you live?"
I can say I live in Atlanta or Oxford,  and there is no confusion about the
TLD (unless I meant Oxford GA US).
I like the name Apache Open Office and I hope we adopt that name, though it
would still be good to clean up any trademark issues about the name" Open
Office."