Hi,

some of the old fellows of the OpenOffice.org project may remember the CC and TeamOpenOffice.org e.V. sponsoring the project. Team OOo is still committed to contribute to the OpenOffice code base is and is looking forward to help with the old resources like the Mac Buildbot or the pootle server or even donating more resources.

Martin

Am 04.08.2011 16:17, schrieb Andre Schnabel:
Hi Sam,

Von: Sam Ruby<ru...@intertwingly.net>
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Simon Phipps<si...@webmink.com>  wrote:

This raises an interesting question. I'm aware of other hardware that
was donated to the project (such as the Pootle server) which presumably
should be transferred to Apache since it was not Oracle's property. Do we know
where this equipment is? Where would Apache host such systems?

At the moment, all we have is a Software Grant.  While we could chose
to go back and ask for me (and likely will when it comes to other
source files that we determine we might need), I see nothing that
indicates that we have a need to request the transfer of hardware.

I think, people who know about such hardware are  here on the list
already, so it should be quite easy to get answers. I'm not speaking
about Oracle hardware but of donations to the OOo project (like the
mac build bot mentioned by Florian) or servers payed from donated money
like the pootle server:

http://openoffice.org/projects/council/lists/budget/archive/2010-06/message/10

Although there might be no urgent need of those servers, it might be
worth to ask if these resources can be used (or how they are currently
used).

regards,

André