On 7 August 2011 16:55, Eike Rathke <o...@erack.de> wrote:
> On Sunday, 2011-08-07 11:27:26 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

>> 1) How do we ensure that contributions are made in a way that is
>> consistent with the rights we need to even host the contributed
>> content.
>
> Ensure that contributions are made under a proper license by having
> a statement at a prominent place when editing a page. Have a bot running
> that searches for terms like license and copyright and such and review
> those pages, reject/undo edits if necessary.

The ASF is extremely averse with respect to IP management. That's why
companies of all shapes and sizes are comfortable using Apache project
outputs. I'm not part of the legal team. If the community wants to
move towards this kind of model it will need to be run past the legal
team. As I understand it this is not currently accepted practice (but
I may be wrong and if Sam is reading he will correct me).

Ross