On 8 August 2011 01:10, Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org> wrote:
>> High Graham,
>>
>> I brought over the July 2011 report and updated it as well as I could:
>> <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011>.

> Modest growth in the number of list subscribers:
> http://pulse.apache.org/#ooo-dev_at_incubator.apache.org
>
> One new committer elected (Terry).
>
> For issues I think it would be honest to say that we're struggling to
> reconcile the way OOo was run under Sun/Oracle with how Apache works.
> The issues range from mapping project roles, to mapping IP
> requirements.

Yes.

Note that the mailing list gets a mean posts per day of over 57. This
is a great deal of mail to manage. A great deal of this is about
discussing how it used to work and how that should be mapped to how it
will work.

This will die down over time. I wonder if there can be any sensible
strategy for speeding up this process?

Ross