On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote:

> 2011/8/11 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
>
> > On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
> wrote:

> > would
> > > be
> > > restrict

> original

> > > try

> conclusions

> > once)
> > > on
> > discussions
> > > are

> > > documentation

> > > It would be better to put the list of subject tags on the community
> wiki
> > so
> > > that those of us who've not been invited to be committers can also edit
> > it.
> > >

> > where is the problem here, if you want to be a committer you know the
> rules
> > and can follow them. I don't see a real problem if you contribute
> valuable
> > content to the project. If you should have a problem with the iCLA then
> it
> > is your problem.
> >

> I'm not sure this is an appropriate topic to discuss here, but that strong
> comment begs a one-time response. Apart from the big, atypical, unmetered
> sign-up at the start of the project (in which I did not participate as I
> have too much respect for the term "committer" at Apache to want to get the
> role that way), the only way I am aware of to become one is to be invited
> by
> the PPMC. I've made a variety of contributions to this Apache project since
> it was proposed and they speak for themselves.

please accept my apologies if you feel attacked. I highly appreciate your
contributions and my comment wasn't against you.
A committer don't have to be a code committer only as you know, so i don't
see a problem for you to become a committer.

> As for the ICLA, I have not
> commented on it, I am not sure what you're implying and I suggest you avoid
> further accusations.

forget it, it was a stupid comment from my side. Probably my long history
and the never ending story around the former SCA makes me sensitive and i
think it's simply annoying when people don't want to become a committer
because of the iCLA. I know that is not true for you. So again sorry.

> > And by the way new tags will or should  be discussed here anyway and
> > probably some of the committers will add new approved tags quite fast.
> >

> Maybe. But I see no reason why this list needs the protection of being on a
> controlled access page and would suggest doing so is what needs justifying.
> I have not seen a reasoned counter to my proposal for it to be on the
> community wiki, so will probably create such a page soon (unless someone
> else wants to).

I think Rob has already pointed out why the list of tags besides the mailing
list is a good idea and i support it.

Juergen