Le 17 août 11 à 08:43, Jürgen Schmidt a écrit :

Hi,

Hi Jürgen,

sorry for the late response but i am currently not in HH until Sunday and
can not frequently check my emails

No problem, I'm completely busy too for a lot of reasons :)

We can do with that reference file whatever we want, until now we had
the requirement to refrain from incompatible API changes. Some time ago
we decided that incompatible API changes should be allowed for future
major releases of OOo, so the reference rdb usually would become the one of the last major release. There also is an exception list with "allowed incompatible changes", e.g. removal of superfluous (unused) types. This
list usually was maintained by the API project lead, Jürgen Schmidt.

well, we decided to allow incompatible changes but we should of course be careful and should discuss such changes before.

That's easy to understand.

I will search the initial proposal how to handle such changes when i am back in HH.

Thanks a lot !

The existing reference rdb is updated after every new official release from me and further manual changes are documented in the history file with some
comments and relating bug ids

Ok, interesting.

it's simply the way how we define interfaces between different components and can use this interface from different (by UNO supported languages). For example the extensions make use of well defined interfaces (defined in IDL and implemented somewhere in the office) to communicate with the office. Or extensions can implement specific interfaces on their own (e.g. spellchecker) and can replace an existing impl or can extend a list of implemenatations. Think about filters, spellchcker, smart tags, grammar checker and many more. But it is also possible to define completely new interfaces and implement in an extenssion and make use of this stuff from other extensions or macros. A comfortable way to implement some busness or
company logic ...
If you have more concrete questions please ask or we can IRC next week also.

Yes I have, and IRC is ok for me. Say one morning like monday or tuesday, #dev.openoffice.org ?

Thanks,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə