Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
And why should we accept newsgroup posts the same as posts from subscribers to
this list?  This list is not a newsgroup, but the gmane newsgroup creates the
effect of subscribers without they're being subscribed here.

Why should we be interested in that?  Especially with those mangled subject
lines.

  - Dennis

Dennis,

Lets not add more blocks to people that what to help here. Gmane is another way for people to connect to the mailing list. Mailing list, Gmane and forums are way that people help and work together without forcing people into something they do not want or need. OOo and LibO both have used the Gmane gateway for mailing list, I am sure there are others. It would seem that the ASF already uses the gateway so why not take advantage of it?

Andy