Am 31.08.2011 17:51, schrieb Donald Whytock:

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:42 AM, eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr> wrote:
>> Windows is 90% of the users (saddly true) and if somebody is interested, I
>> can upload a build somewhere (if successfull, of course).
>
> Why sadly?  I thought half the point of OOo was to be an alternative
> to MS Office. The Linux community is the choir that OOo preaches to.

I think Tor thinks it's said because building OOo on Windows sucks a
lot. I can confirm that. Though it is better than some people think.

> Speaking of Windows, is MS VC++ 2010 Express sufficient for a build?

As already mentioned in this thread, you should use MSVC++ 2008. I just
had to reinstall it and I could find a downloadable ISO.

I also had to reinstall cygwin. I had some problems with installing the
additional perl modules (some didn't compile). As I don't know if these
modules are *really* necessary, I wait until the build is finished
before I will tell more details about that.

Regards,
Mathias