On 2011-09-02 11:30 AM  Rob Weir wrote:
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Larry Gusaas<larry.gus...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Will this list also be available using Gmane?

I do not believe that occurs by default for Apache mailing lists.
There was some concern expressed before, I know, about the mangled
subject lines and its impact on threading.  I'd recommend discussing
this on the users list and see if there a consensus one way or
another.
There is a long list of Apache mailing lists available through Gmane. The mangled subject lines are the result of a choice made when this list was set up on Gmane and that choice can be changed.

Most newsreaders have no problem with the threading.

Many of us giving support on the users list use Gmane. I, for one, do not subscribe to any email support lists. I only use Gmane for giving support and for reading large volume lists.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese