Dear TJ,

I doubt this backend can or needs to be released and I'm not sure if AOOo will benefit from having such a system.

What do you do to read a callstack?

Take the upper lines of it and read their function calls. Somewhere within the upper part of the callstack you will find the address where the program called a signal (easiest case SEGV) which caused the crash. Just before this signal you will mostly find the root cause (a function call that is not behaving well) of the crash. Often you need to find other reasons by manually reading the callstack in combination with the sourcecode. Often you need to consult another developer to get information about correlation to other code parts. If you know the memory addresses of this cryptic (and mostly stripped) callstack then you can resolve these addresses against code segments within your code. All this can be done manually and by using your brain and possible automation is not an illusion.

Comparing build-id (part of the data) matching callstacks in combination with knowing the relative memory addresses (sent with the crash report) against a matching debug lib (archived within the build system) makes it quite easy for an experienced C++/Assembler programmer to build a database that counts a cumulative percentage of the upper stack addresses of the callstack which helps to detect duplicates to detect those crashes with the highest frequency and to automatically generate bugreports to those developers responsible to the exact code snipplet. This can only be processed if all build systems, debug systems, database, etc. are centrally hosted within a local network and all developers are known and are responsible for their code parts to be able to submit bug reports to them. In my opinion AOOo wouldn't have any benefit to host the legacy OOo Hamburg build related data because it's tied to the quite complex build system and to those builds created within this build system. If a build system is de-centralized (what I suppose it to be for AOOo) then those who want to provide a crash report enabled build need to provide their individual backend infrastructure to process callstacks of their builds against (to be archived) debug libs of their builds.

Have you thought about the effort it takes to host such a system outside of a corporate environment ? It's at least *very* expensive...