Alexandro,

I would follow Terry's advice and bring over the MediaWiki as close to as-is as
we can make it, when we are ready to substitute for the one running beneath
OpenOffice.org.  What works for me is that the attention to risk management and
especially removing front-loading from the project appeals to me.  It is the
agile principle of first doing the least that could possibly work.

Terry indicated that installing MediaWiki could be a stopgap.  Having brought
over the platform and the content secures ease for review and migration to
Confluence in a careful way without concern for the lights going out underneath
OpenOffice.org.

Anything that can help to simply rehost OpenOffice.org and have it on operating
sites that the Apache OOo Podling can maintain and transform seems best.  That
is when all of us can breathe easier.  And the users of OpenOffice.org will be
served and disrupted as little as possible.  Then we incubate the site and its
services along with all other incubation.

The key difficulty in bringing up the wiki completely is the need to upgrade to
MW 1.17.  I'm hoping that there is no rush.  A volunteer able to work through
that is needed.

 - Dennis

PS: I clipped out relevant Terry Notes below: