--- On Tue, 9/27/11, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Bringing it into SVN is easy.  Making it into a
> release is another
> question.  To do that requires going through the IP
> Clearance process.

Yes, I was obviously referring to the legal requirements.

> I'm willing to debate it for long-established, well-known,
> high-profile OSS projects that are being used everywhere,
> e..g, ICU.
> This is partially about risk management.  That is why
> we should take
> this case by case.  But I don't think the Groovy
> extension falls into that category.

OK: Ultimately this is a matter of policy and I find it
an acceptable policy to ask for an SGA to very specific
code like the groovy extension. I don't think carrying
the extension involves carrying groovy itself, so we
don't have to through all the dependency chain asking
for SGA's.

OTOH, asking for code assignment for minor stuff that
is already completely in the Public Domain or under a
BSD license, like ucpp, would be a complete nonsense.
As you say .. case by case.

Dmake does require IP clearance so good luck contacting
WTIcorp :).

Pedro.