On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Pedro F. Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com> wrote:
> Hi Oliver;
>
> --- On Thu, 9/29/11, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the input.
>>
>> Adding the URL for the origin of the copyright and license
>> text is a good idea. I will add it and use it also to point
>> to the origin of  ksc5601.h.
>> As Pedro researched the files are also found at
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libX11/tree/src/xlibi18n/lcUniConv
>> I will use this URL as the origin.
>>

> I suggest we take the original XFree86 file as this preserves
> better the origin information. At a later time we can update
> it to the X.Org version but XFree86 deserves some form of
> credit for convincing the FSF ;).
>
> (Just for curiosity I will compare the file we have with
> the new header to check if there may be any significant
> difference.)

Thanks.  And btw, I like what Oliver did here.  We should do more of
this.  I'd recommend that for every 3rd party component that we're
investigating, that the person who is looking at it should start a new
thread on ooo-dev to discuss.  The collective knowledge and experience
we have on the history of these components, and possible replacements,
is greater than any single one of us has.