Hi Pedro,

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 07:56 -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> My guess is that mmeeks signed a JCA for his code and
> was even willing to get a JCA for libegg too.

        libegg is not my code, and is not covered by any (C) assignment I've
ever signed, it was built as an external library we bundled deliberately
as a separate shared library to avoid problems, before this
functionality was included into gtk+.

        The shutdownicon-unx.cxx code is in all probability owned by
Sun/Oracle, but it was indeed my work: though no credits appear anywhere
sadly. That it does not (yet) contain a shouting header saying:

 * DO NOT ALTER OR REMOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICES OR THIS FILE HEADER.
 *
 * Copyright 2000, 2010 Oracle and/or its affiliates.

        is just an omission.

>  His code should be covered by the grant but I have no idea what
> the lawyers will do since there is no copyright header (probably
> just be conservative and say no). There is an initial grant already
> but I forgot where it is.

        Hopefully they'll read the list of committers, and JCA signatories
before rejecting things without explicit headers: there are plenty of
files in that situation, and no doubt other people forgot to add them
around the place.

        HTH,

                Michael.

--