On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Christian Grobmeier
<grobme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>> The Draft Proposal for governance and operation of the OpenOffice.org Forums
>>> within the Apache OpenOffice.org Podling is available on the Apache OO.o
>>> Community Wiki at
>>> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Changes+integrate+the+forums+into+the+AOOo+project>.
>>>
>>> The Draft Proposal is the work of the OpenOffice.org Forums operators, with
>>> consultation of Apache contributors.
>>>
>>> It is proposed to discuss this proposal for at least 6 days starting now,
>>> Tuesday 2011-10-11, and ending at midnight Monday, 2011-10-17T24:00Z.
>>>

>> "It is proposed" ???  Could you be more explicit?  Your passive voice
>> is obscuring things.  Are the forum people asking for these proposal
>> to be reviewed now?
>
> Please read the proposal and discuss from now until the mentioned
> date. The discuss period will be extended when necessary. It is always
> good to have some kind of a deadline. If the period does not need
> extension there will be a vote on that date (see paragraph below).
>
> And yes, the forum people are asking to look at this proposal now and discuss.

OK.  That's what I wanted to hear.  We've had false starts on this
before.  I expected the forum proposal to come from a forum admin or
moderator, not fro Dennis.  But that's fine.

> This is the outcome of many hours, much sweat and many people
> speaking. Thanks to the forum folks for all the work and the patience
> with their "observers" :-)
>
> Cheers
> Christian
>

>>> Once discussion of the Draft Proposal has quieted by that time or later,
>>> discussion can stop.  If it is then evident that a ratifying ballot on
>>> acceptance of the Draft Proposal by the Apache OO.o Podling can be held, a
>>> separate [VOTE] will be initiated on the ooo-dev list for that purpose.
>>> Ratification of the Draft Proposal will establish the commitment of the
>>> Apache
>>> OO.o Podling to implementation of the proposal and honoring its provisions
>>> for
>>> governance of the OpenOffice.org Forums as part of the Apache OO.o Podling.
>>>
>>> GUIDELINES
>>>
>>> The Draft Proposal represents the current thinking of the OpenOffice.org
>>> Forums operators.  PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THE DRAFT PROPOSAL page.
>>>
>>> Instead, discuss suggestions and modifications on this list and await any
>>> changes to be made as the OpenOffice.org Forum operators choose to offer
>>> improvements in response to the discussion, including based on ooo-dev
>>> suggestions of their own.
>>>
>>> When it is concluded that the Draft Proposal is in a final condition
>>> suitable
>>> for ratification, the OpenOffice.org Forum operators will notify us of their