On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 2:14 AM, Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> And I'm on El Reg!
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/**2011/10/14/apache_openoffice_**alive_well/<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/10/14/apache_openoffice_alive_well/>
>
> Hope I did OK in the interview.  At least I got a good closing quote, even
> if it was a little tweaked in the story.

I think you did fine, Shane, well done. I will observe that The Register
also considered the comment about LibreOffice to be "pointed".
Cross-community comments like that need to be made with extraordinary care.

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin <
robertburrelldon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But maybe some good could come out of this. Why not get together to
> release a statement clarifying who needs donations right now, why and
> what cool stuff they are going to fund with the cash? (Something
> positive with as many potential players as possible...)

I think that would be a risky move. LibreOffice is not downstream from AOOo,
but rather both projects share common ancestral code from StarOffice. I
believe for either project to imply it is the "leader" or "owner" of the
StarOffice legacy community would be divisive rather than uniting.

S.