2011/10/15 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin <
> robertburrelldon...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

<snip>

>> > So, strategy....  Will Apache Rat help with this?  I thought it had a
>> > mode that added Apache headers.  But I don't know if it handles
>> > something like this, where we are removing existing headers as well.
>>
>> This is something where automated help is essential. But I expect some
>> tinkering and script development will be required.
>>

> yes i agree and i am volunteering to take care of the license header change
> based on the final SGA file list.

Great :-)

Rat collects scripts of this sort [1], and has some examples which may
(or may not) be useful. You'd be very welcome to develop them - or
just take pick people's brains - over in the Rat community[2].

Since I think we have reasonable active consensus about strategy, I'll
break out a new thread to discuss tactics

Robert

[1] eg http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/eye/trunk/
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-rat-dev/