Hi,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Andre Fischer and I am
another one of the former Sun/Oracle employees who found a new home at
IBM. You may know me as AF (<at> openoffice.org).

Next month I will be working on OpenOffice for eleven years.  About
two years on the Chart then on Draw/Impress. In the last years I
focused on maintaining and extending the slide show.

Some of my more visible work includes:

- The presenter console extension
  (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Presenter_Screen)

- The slide sorter, both in its pre and post 3.4 form. But probably
  only a few people have yet seen the new (and shiny)
  re-implementation. It is only available in current developer builds.

- The drawing framework
  (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Drawing_framework). OK,
  maybe it is not that visible but as I took great pains to document
  it properly, I bother you with it anyway.

- The project renaissance prototype for a new GUI.  Look for the v0.18
  link on the project homepage
  (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Prototyping)
  for the running version. It has some nifty features and can even load
  some simple Impress documents.

I am looking forward to working in and with the Apache OpenOffice
community and to become a committer again. At the moment I am
concentrating on IP clearance so that we get a good 3.4 release
soon.

Best regards,
Andre