Hello Pedro

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 01:02:36PM -0700, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> FWIW;
>
> There seem to be problems when using some libraries externally.
>
> I solved another issue in BZ 118574, but it seems weird that no
> one else hit it before so I would like someone with better C++
> skills to review it.
>
> Now I am stuck here:
>
> cheers,
>
> Pedro.
>
> Building module unoxml
> =============
>
> Entering /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3-devel/work/ooo/main/unoxml/prj
>
> cd .. && gmake -s -r -j1

compile without -s to get more verbose output

> [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/libsaxfx.so not defined: Assuming headers to
> be there!
> [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/libxml2.so not defined: Assuming headers to
> be there!
> [ build DEP ] LNK:Library/libunoxmlfx.so
> [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/librdf.so not defined: Assuming headers to
> be there!
> [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/libxslt.so not defined: Assuming headers to
> be there!
> [ build DEP ] LNK:Library/libunordffx.so
> /usr/local/bin/gcp: missing destination file operand after
> `/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3-devel/work/ooo/main/solver/340/unxfbsdx.pro/lib/libsaxfx.so'
> Try `/usr/local/bin/gcp --help' for more information.
> gmake: ***
> [/usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-3-devel/work/ooo/main/solver/340/unxfbsdx.pro/lib/libsaxfx.so]
>  Error 1

the copy command takes two arguments, source and destination. Something
is wrong there because its getting only one. Run make without -s .

My guess (I don't have BSD to test): an issue with the DLLPOSTFIX clean-up.

unoxml only builds two libraries: unoxml and unordf. In modules ported
to gbuild you know this by looking at the files named Library_XXX.mk

The sax library is a dependency for unoxml; see
gb_Library_add_linked_libs in unoxml/Library_unoxml.mk

The problem here is that gbuild composes the library name from sax to
libsaxfx.so :

lib
sax
fx  <--- DLLPOSTFIX!
.so

The sax library has already been built in sax module, in the old build
system, with the DLLPOSTFIX cleaned, so that it's named simply libsax.so.
Gbuild does not find libsaxfx.so, so it tries to build.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/solenv/gbuild/platform/freebsd.mk?view=markup#l264

remove fi and fx from gb_Library_OOOEXT

This should work.

Regards