On Nov 17, 2011, at 9:53 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:40:25AM -0800, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> If this statement is rewritten for Binary releases to allow informed
>> installation of a Language Pack whatever it's host, license and
>> copyright might be - as long as on installation choices were clearly
>> visible and the user explicitly opts in or out.
>>
>> This same IP framework could be used for Extensions and Templates - an
>> area in total limbo with no volunteers active.
>
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org is down again (5:30 UTC).
> Is this a problem with the host or a problem of lack of maintenance by
> OOo side?
> IIRC both http://extensions.services.openoffice.org and
> http://templates.services.openoffice.org are hosted by the Oregon State
> University Open Source Labs, and have been working bad all year long.

I've discussed this with OSUOSL sysadmin.

The servers are overloaded. So much so that the Nagios alerts were constant.
They turned them off. Every so often varnish acts up and the machines lock.

When this happens I have been the only one who emails supp...@osuosl.org - they
are almost always responsive during business hours in their time zone - US
Pacific.

Both servers are customized Drupal stacks at different versions. There were
people from Oracle working on upgrades. No one has volunteered to administrate
these from the project.

Since these servers host extensions and templates with all types of licenses
they are not candidates for migration into the ASF.

What should we do?

Regards,
Dave