From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 12:54
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Licensed Fonts (was Re: Font related questions)

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I would add
>
> 3) What makes it easy for an adopter of a binary release to know what
> license
> permissions and license conditions and restrictions apply to their use of
> the
> artifact.
>
> I agree about the confusion downstream.  It also matters how diligent
> downstream producers are in handling of their own dependencies.

Exactly.  A diligent downstream consumer will want to make sure their
own notice file is in order, and that presumes our is as well.

Maybe we just have two source files in our SVN:

NOTICE-source and NOTICE-binary

And then have the build script rename the source version when creating
the source tarballs.  And concatenate them for the binary release?

-Rob