Hi,

On 20 November 2011 05:38, RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/11/20 FR web forum <ooofo...@free.fr>
>
>> Hello,
>> It's a disaster for the OOo Community. These pictures are prohibited in
>> many countries.
>> If this forum can't be administrated correctly.
>> I suggest to contact the hoster to close it.

Let's take this then as an opportunity? Clayton C used to be the admin
for the forums  (oooforums) but with Oracle's departure—he was with
Oracle and still may be—there was, to put it mildly, a hitch.

The OO forums are immensely important. They are mainly for users but
not only, though that's clearly their primary user base. They are
furthermore pretty much user-initiated, and thus arguably could be
administered by capable community members.

Was the infrastructure also ported over to Apache? Or will it be?

If it will be, and if we want to continue with it, I can ask if
Clayton would help with the transition, and even maintenance. It's
possible he may be interested in working with some others.

What we need here, and I would like to issue a call for this to the
logical lists and other public fora ("twitter" comes to mind), is a
list (and list of lists) of things that are needed, wanted, and
actionable.

Right now, lots needs doing but those who can do don't know they can
do it, or for that matter where, and using what tools. Not all of
those able and inclined read these lists.

-louis