2011/11/21 Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Andrea Pescetti
> <pesce...@openoffice.org> wrote:
>> Rob Weir wrote:
>>>
>>> So in total, maybe something like:
>>> =========
>>> Copyright © 2011 Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
>>
>> I'm not sure about this. Is there any code that is under the Apache
>> copyright? As far as I know, the copyright still belongs to Oracle and
>> third-party contributors.
>>

> See:  http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
>
> We (the PMC) create a work when we select collectively select what
> patches to apply, etc.  Apache claims a copyright on that collective
> work.  Remember, an OSS license is only enforceable by an entity that
> owns the copyright.  So it is good that we claim this.
>
> Oracle may have copyright on portions as well, as may others, but
> those are noted in the NOTICE file.

I think it would be better to use the same wording that there will be in
the NOTICE file (according to http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html):

"Apache [PRODUCT_NAME]
Copyright [yyyy] The Apache Software Foundation

*This product includes software developed at
The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/)*."

In this way Apache wouldn't claim* full rights* (including intellectual
ownership) in the about dialog box that instead is denying in a
hypothetical NOTICE file for specific files.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: