Hello guys;

--- On Tue, 11/29/11, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> While some might have hoped for another proposal and
> discussion prior to action, thank you for going ahead where
> there was clearly no consensus for specific action on the
> AOO side.

As I see it, this list is not official. The AOO PPMC has no
influence whatever over it, but that is precisely the type
of "neutrality" the involved actors wanted.

I think it's OK, building bridges is always good.

Just a thought here concerning as to how far this involves
the Apache podling.

Of course, Apache PPMC members can join any lists they like
without asking permission to the PPMC, but any decision
concerning forwarding email from an OOo domain has to go
through the PPMC. I would think the principles in the recent
ASF policy statement  regarding forwarding email from
openoffice.org domains would apply to private lists too.

Just something to think about; I am not a PPMC member (I
am considering it, though) and I never had an OpenOffice.org
domain so you can say I am extremely neutral in this matter ;).

Pedro.