On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2011, at 9:24 AM, Joost Andrae wrote:
>
>> Hi Rob,
>>

>>> So what are our options?
>>>
>>> ==Option 1: Remain at OSUOSL==
>>>
>>> We could remain with OSUOSL hosting.  However, the existing site is
>>> very unstable.  For this approach to be practical we'd need a
>>> volunteer with Drupal skills to work with OSUOSL to diagnose what is
>>> wrong and to restore stability to these services.  Maybe some sight
>>> maintenance, upgrades or tuning is sufficient?
>>>
>>> I think this would be the ideal short-term solution at the very least.
>>
>> I think option one seems to be the most convenient way.
>> Maybe someone could talk to Lance Albertson at OSUOSL (contact via
>> supp...@osuosl.org or via IRC; better look at http://osuosl.org/contact)
>
> +1, Lance has been very supportive. He can explain all about varnish locking,
> nagios being turned off, and the two different versions of Drupal on each
> server.

Well.... that has been the obvious option for several months now, but
no one has stepped up.  So maybe it is not as obvious as we think it
is?  I'm laying out the other options in case someone finds another
option more interesting.  Sometimes an interesting problem to solve
will attract volunteers where "cleanup in aisle 5" won't, thought it
may be objectively the simpler approach.

-Rob