On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org> wrote:
> Rob, are you saying that you would not edit ooo-site simply because it is not
> being served as OpenOffice.org ?

No.

> There are many ways that assistance is welcome, especially if folks notice
> the breakages and report them in a way where they can be swept up in the
> preparation of the staging site either before or after cut-over.

Yes.

?

> Folks can see the results on ooo-site, come up with further ideas, etc.
> Think of it as the running draft version of the soon-to-migrate
> OpenOffice.org site.

My question was what was needed before we can go live.  I'm hoping
we're not waiting for a greater degree of perfection than existed in
the legacy website.

>  - Dennis
>
> PS 1. This podling has not been in existence for 6 months (yet); site
> migration and terms of use was not early on the agenda by any means.

We entered incubation on 6/13/11.   Our six month anniversary will
officially be in 2 more days.  My humble apologies for the gross
exaggeration.

>   2. Leave me out of the hyperbole please.
>   3. I also believe that I said I had no objection to the current wording on
> the wiki notice.  If not, I'm saying it now.  I have no objection to this: <
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=OpenOffice.org_Wiki:Copyrights&oldid=198563>.
>   It addresses my fundamental concern.
>   4. And I have had nothing whatsoever to do with any extended duration of
> this particular thread.  Although thanks for the inviting mention.

A few posts earlier in this thread Dave said that one of the steps
remaining before we go live was:

"Make sure that Trademarks and Dennis don't have any issues with
license notices and copyright."

I'm glad to hear now that this is not an issue.

-Rob