On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Ross Gardler
<rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 17 December 2011 19:25, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
>> Does that include converters and commercial offerings that have embedded
>> support for ODF consumption and production?  (I suppose if Symphony is in
>> that diagram, the answer is yes at least for embedded support.)
>>

> Yes, although I realise a request for an itemisation of *everything*
> is probably unrealistic. What I want is something that gives an idea
> of the reach of ODF and therefore the potential sphere of influence
> that Apache OpenOffice code, under a permissive license, might have.

The Wikipedia article is a good source of ODF-supporting applications
and tools.  But we should avoid  stereotyping OpenOffice as being only
an ODF editor.  It has broad support for importing and exporting many
other formats, standard as well as well-established proprietary
formats.

In the end there are multiple, overlapping ecosystems, of code, of
standards, etc.

-Rob