Am 12/18/2011 01:08 AM, schrieb Jean Weber:
On 18/12/2011, at 9:56, "Allen Pulsifer"<apulsi...@apache.org>  wrote:

"The Apache OpenOffice (incubating) project has tentatively identified the
first quarter of 2012 for a Version 3.4 release."

I think I would prefer Apache OpenOffice v1.0

That would totally confuse most of the current users of OOo, I think. --Jean

+1

This would indeed lead to confusion which is not necessary. We have many new things like Apache as new home. But the code is the same (even when we have to cleanup and rearrange some things), so the version numbering should remain. It shows a continuity of the weill-established software and not a new thing that appears from nowhere.

Marcus