As I see it,

The best way to see the effect of the changes is to
commit them. In SVN it's really easy to go revert
if we want to go back.

I just wanted to point out that this is perfectly
valid as I am a known abuser of the lazy consensus
thing ;).

Of course, Ariel's course of action of giving a
waiting time is also valid.

cheers,

Pedro.