Hi Götz,

On 23.12.2011 20:23, Götz Wohlberg wrote:
Hi Armin,

Am 23.12.11 20:00, schrieb Armin Le Grand:
Hi Götz,

On 23.12.2011 19:37, Götz Wohlberg wrote:
Hi Pedro,

[..]

(2) Finding service customers at this point in time is also not
promising as AOO 3.4 is not out yet.

Why don't you just help doing that? Waiting for it will not make it
happen earlier. It would show the world that you have an active roll
in OpenOffice development, also to your possible customers. It's also
a goal of your organization, isn't it?
All good points but I'm not relaxed as you are because you have a
sponsor and a salary - I don't.

I know that and I did not want to offense You. I'm happy that I can continue to support AOO, in the name of a new sponsor. This fits well with my goals to make the office better for everyone (esp. Drawinglayer :-)). I hope the best to you and that it may help you too (hopefully not too late) when we are able to bring out AOO3.4.

If we can't convince customers, get
donations or find sponsors, I just can't afford to be here any longer!
It's as easy as that. Just help doing AOO 3.4 would be nice, but won't
bring any funding for us. We won't be here when AOO 3.4 comes out. We
need funding now!

I had hoped that you already got some donations, at least to have some more time. I also know that we were not simply thrown out (there are some rights for employees in this country). Of course you are free to decide how to spend your efforts.

I'm just dreaming of working closer together with you and other former colleagues. Maybe I'm too egoistic with that, but it's just a wish.

I could just not suppress my thoughts that we could be closer to a release candidate when we would have joined forces early. I also think it could have avoided some headaches on all sides. I'm sure you have taken into account this possibility early and it's chances for showing active development on 3.4 and to find sponsors evtl. by the possible public effect of this, but decided not for it. I can imagine requests for donations on your side accompanied with statements like 'Support us supporting AOO3.4, see here what we have done so far: <links>...<links>'. This would be appealing to everyone, hopefully leading to more
support.

Just my 2ct...

Best wishes!
Goetz

Goetz, all the best to you and the others.

[..]
My best wishes to you and a happy Xmas!
Goetz

Same from me. Have a good time!