Kay Schenk wrote on Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 09:13:41 -0800:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>wrote:
>
> > Kay Schenk wrote on Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 15:15:53 -0800:
> > > OK, I'm looking at the publish.pl script and wonder if it can indeed be
> > > used to just publish a single page or area rather than the WHOLE site by
> > > supplying some appropriate escaping...
> > >

> > If you'd like to look into changing the build process you need to look
> > at the backend and at the Web UI --- publish.pl is a thin wrapper.
> >

> hmmm...OK. I will investigate when I get time. From previous communication,
> it seems we are encouraged to use publish.pl (CLI) and not the web
> interface for large scale publishing.

publish.pl does exactly what your browser does but requests a JSON
response, rather than HTML, and so the unidiff doesn't get syntax
highlighted.

The basic publish process is to GET /ooo/publish and then to POST back
to it with a log message and a token received at the GET.  If you want
to add a feature to publishing, you need to extend the server-side GET
and/or POST handlers and to teach the Web UI or publish.pl to utilize
the extension.