Hi,

I'll use 'ALv2' now, thanks for the suggestions!

On 15.02.2012 07:57, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
Not to muddy the waters, but I see "ALv2" a lot and I tend to use it myself
after seeing it so often.

If "apache-2.0" fits and it is the designation used by the Open Source Initiative, I
would use that, since it is from an authoritative registry for open-source
licenses,<http://opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical>.

  - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Giffuni [mailto:p...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 14:49
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: License name

On 02/14/12 12:14, Armin Le Grand wrote:
     Hi List,

I'm looking for a short name (abbreviation) for 'Apache License,
Version 2.0'. Does something like that exist?

Background: There are fields called 'LICENSENAME' in
trunk\main\instsetoo_native\util\openoffice.lst which currently are
set to 'LGPL' and I want to replace those. I'm also investigating
where these are used, but something short without spaces may be
needed. Comments appreciated!

I use AL2.

Cheers,

Pedro.