On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 01:31:31PM -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> Anyone can send an email to the ooo-dev list, even if they are not
>>> subscribed to ooo-dev.   When this happens the email is sent to the
>>> list moderators who need to approve the post before it goes out to the
>>> list.
>>>
>>> An example of this is the recent "Convert table from absolute width to
>>> relative" post.  The author of the post was not subscribed to the
>>> list.  It went through moderation first.
>>>
>>> Keep this in mind when you respond to questions posted on the list.
>>> Be sure to cc the poster on your response if they are not a list
>>> subscriber.
>>>
>>> How do you know for sure whether they are a list subscriber?  Well....
>>> you can't.
>>
>> yes you can (with a decent mail client). Moderated posts have in the
>> header

>> You can tag or filter these mails (with a decent MUA).
>
> That is a cool trick. A little more screen space, but I can tell.
>
> In Apple Mail - Preferences - Viewing - Show Header Detail - Custom - +.

You is welcome to scrutinize your mail headers with a hex editor if
that is your thing.  Or, if you've never seen the person's name
before, just cc them on the response. Either way is fine.

Also, note that looking at the headers is not a guaranteed thing,
since it is possible they posted, noticed they did not see a response
and then figured out that they needed to subscribe and did so.

-Rob