If there is no solution for extensions, Apache OpenOffice 3.4 early incubator
releases should not overload prior versions of OO.o.  I recommend that AOO 3.4
install in its own locations and not do anything that would prevent
side-by-side functioning.  (My recommendation would be that it do that anyhow.
But with known breaking of an important down-level feature, that becomes
imperative.)

I think there should be OOo-dev releases only until this is handled as well.
It is now clear that integration has problems and there is no reason to provoke
more of it.

I also suspect that it is not a good idea to rebrand the Extensions and
Templates pages at SourceForge quite so strongly, since the only extensions
that are there now are for OO.o (and perhaps LibreOffice).

I don't understand this last point. The extension repository is for OpenOffice and the extensions should run on Apache OpenOffice as well if there is no minimal version dependency. What is exactly your point with the rebranding?

Apache OpenOffice = the continuation of OpenOffice.org

Juergen

  - Dennis