On 3/13/12 10:50 PM, eric b wrote:
Hi Rob,

Le 13 mars 12 à 22:36, Rob Weir a écrit :

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 5:33 PM, eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr> wrote:
Hi,

With the legacy lists shuting down soon, I'd like to propose the
creation of
several French mailing lists.

The previous one were : http://openoffice.org/projects/fr/lists

us...@fr.openoffice.org : 86816 messages | 570 subscribers
disc...@fr.openoffice.org : 11522 messages | 221 subscribers

Would it be possible to start with a single list (maybe users) and see
if traffic justifies another list. In other languages we've gone with
a single list, except for Italian which grew to 400-500 subscribers
and had a good reason to split. The advantage to your community, of
course, is that you start off with critical mass on one list first.

In this case, I think ooo-users...@incubator.apache.org could be the
best : "users" means we have something to propose (and this is the case).

And like you suggest, if discussions derivate, or too much of traffic
occurs, then and only thenn create a second list or discussions.

+1

Juergen