On 14 March 2012 13:15, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:53:11 +0000
>> Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

>>> It regularly failed when the old OOo Upgrade server refused to
>>> make a connection, which may have been a factor.
>>
>> I need to stress that the problem only arose after Win7 SP1 was
>> installed; the presence of IE9 on Win7 is sufficient to cause the
>> problem.
>>

> I'm just trying to find a plausible cause that fits the observed facts:
>
> 1) Bug reported before with Windows 7 SP1 and IE9
>
> 2) Bug goes away when you disable OOo's automatic updates
>
> 2) But bug is not observed in current testing, not in Lily's testing
> with Windows 7, or with Ross's use.
>
> 3) Update server was once working, but is not working now
>
> So two plausible theories that are worth testing:
>
> A) Bug actually exists in AOO today, but no one is testing with SP1
> and IE 9 installed

I can confirm that I am running Windows 7 with SP1 and IE9. I can
confirm that I have seen no problems with AOO stability in normal use.
I can confirm that I've tried to trigger this problem, but that is
hard given that we don't have a recipe to reproduce the problem.

I have not done any formal testing of AOO, only general use in a
reasonably demanding environment.

Ross