On 03/15/12 02:58, eric b wrote:
But actually, for this to work, the discussion should be brought to the debian-openoff...@lists.debian.org list, not debian-u...@lists.debian.org. Also we need someone understand how to
package .deb packages that follow the Debian policy in order to package
AOO by the Debian policy.

Long time ago, Rene Engelhard subscribed me to the list, and I know well what happens, since I receive everything (a lot of mails indeed .. ). Not sure I can post though, but read is ok for me.

And I'm aware of your requests ... and of Rene answers too :-/

I read Rene's position and if it's really "technically impossible" to have
both LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice in Debian then I would think
that proves, yet again, that FreeBSD is technically superior to Debian.
(not to talk about freedom just yet ;) )

BTW, I am pretty sure that we would like to have OOoLight and
OOoKids in FreeBSD and it shouldn't be difficult to use the current
AOO port as a template. I am extremely busy at this time but it
would surely be something to consider.

Pedro.