Hi

Thx for the input so far.

My work stopped, because of the ongoing discussion on legal-discuss. Greg Stein has started at legal-discuss a corresponding thread, named "use of LICENSE and NOTICE". To be sure how to proceed I will send the following information to legal-discuss:

List of links on apache.org with information regarding the content of the LICENSE file and the NOTICE file which I have found:
[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice
[2] http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#required-third-party-notices
[3] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#header-existingcopyright
[4] http://www.apache.org/licenses/example-NOTICE.txt
[5]
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-license
[6]
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-notice

My intepretation of this information and the information given in the thread at legal-discuss is the following:
- Content of LICENSE file - general conclusion:
-- Apache license at the top
-- Licenses of all 3rd party components included in the specific package of a release inclusive a clear identification of the files to whose the license apply.

- Content of NOTICE file - general conclusion:
-- Standard copyright notice as given at [1] at the top
-- Notices which are required by 3rd party component licenses which should be quite rare.

- Further conclusions by orw for the Apache OpenOffice (incubating) project:
-- We (AOO incubating) are planning to release a source package and binary packages. The binary package will include certain category-b licensed components. Thus, I assume that we need for each package an own LICENSE file and an own NOTICE file. -- The LICENSE file and the NOTICE file for the source package will cover the licenses of our source files. -- The LICENSE files and the NOTICE files for the binary package will cover additionally all licenses from the enabled category-b licensed components.

If there are no objections I will continue my work regarding the above interpretations.

Best regards, Oliver.

Hi,

I will have a look at the NOTICE and the LICENSE file - both located in main/ -,
if there is something missing.

Pedro already did a great job here - I am more or less expecting that everything
is already covered in these files.

If there is any input regarding its content, please provide the information here
- Thanks in advance.

I will mainly assure that the notices and licenses of the current work regarding
the RAT scan which results in certain entries in the rat-excludes are also
covered in the NOTICE and LICENSE file.

Help is very welcome here.
Thus again, if you know of the one or the other 3rd party
component/library/code, drop me a note. I will check, if these are reflected in
these files.

Thanks in advance, Oliver.