On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 12:56 AM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2012-03-30 10:16 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Larry Gusaas<larry.gus...@gmail.com>**
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Quit trying to weasel out of admitting you made an erroneous statement.
>>>
>>> Having a Windows only statement means the point #1 is not done and not
>>> available for all platforms. Your statement indicates you don't care
>>> about
>>> Mac or Linux users. Of course, you do work for IBM.
>>>
>> Take a chill pill Larry.  I gave just one example.  I could have easily
>> given another one, any of these, that are cross platform and allows cloud
>> storage of documents:
>>
>> http://extensions.services.**openoffice.org/en/project/**ooo2gd<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/ooo2gd>
>>
>> http://extensions.services.**openoffice.org/en/project/**smartcloud<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/smartcloud>
>>
>> http://extensions.services.**openoffice.org/en/project/**
>> alfrescoconnector<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/alfrescoconnector>
>>

> Good. You finally gave an useful response. Why didn't you do so in your
> first response to me?

I was not responding to you. i was responding to Cody Miller who asked the
original question.

>  The fact remains that you are merely being argumentative, and have nothing
>> to offer to this conversation.
>>

> No I wasn't. I finally get an useful response to my original post. And
> still you belittle me for pointing out the inadequacies of your original
> post.

Again, yours was not the original post.  It was Cody's.

Imagine we changed the topic slightly:

Cody:  I have a really great idea.  How about a machine that flies through
the air and carries people from one city to another?

Rob:  It is easy, and in fact is already done, via airplanes.  For example,
this airplane: www.lufthansa.com

Larry: It is not already done.  I checked the Lufthansa website and they do
not fly to my city.  Rob, your statement was inaccurate, Quit trying to
weasel out of admitting you made an erroneous statement.  Your statement
indicates you don't care about small Canadian cities. Of course, you do
work for IBM.

Exactly parallel to above, but do you see how inappropriate such a response
would be seen?

The verb "to done" and its participle "done" is a very flexible word in
English.  It has dozens of meanings listed in any good dictionary.  Its
subtitles and idioms can vex even native English speakers.  So I have a lot
of sympathy for how hard it must be for non-native speakers.

-Rob