Folks --

The new logo is rendered on the staging web site right now--
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/

It will not go into the production site, www.openoffice.org until someone does a "publish" which I have not yet done. I'm not happy with the size or positioning of the new logo.

I rendered an alternate version of it -- cropped -- in
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_cropped.jpg

This actually looks pretty good *except* the image itself is 217 x 79, and somehow the web site wants to render it at 275 x 100, which positioning wise is SUPER, but then the lettering is quite blurry.

screen capture of what happened is at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Web+Site+with+Proposed+Logos

So, I would LOVE for some creative person out there to take

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_cropped.jpg
(cropped version is in svn also)

change it's size to 275 x 100 and make the lettering better.

On the other hand, if you love the staging rendering, I'll go ahead and publish it.

MzK

"Women and cats will do as they please,
                                    -- Robert Heinlein