Ciao Gianluca;

On 04/05/12 03:47, Gianluca Turconi wrote:
Hello *,

is there a page like "LGPL vs Apache 2.0" FAQ for Apache OpenOffice, in order to show explicitly to users and distributors what differences there are btw those licenses?

Something like "Before you could do that, now you can do the same thing (or not)".

It would be very useful, IMO, to avoid misunderstandings.

Regards,
A while ago I added this to the Release Notes:
____

     License Change

The License has changed from LGPLv3 to the compatible Apache License 2 to comply with Apache Software Foundation guidelines. The Apache License will make adoption and general distribution of the software much easier since it doesn't require making available the source code. Of course the software continues being free and the source code with its updates will continue being available through the Apache Software Foundation servers.

____

We will obviously not be enforcing the GPL on previous releases, so
maybe we should probably add something in this page:
http://www.openoffice.org/license.html

in that sense.

Pedro.