Hi Joe,

Am 13.04.2012 um 09:23 schrieb Joe Schaefer:
> Right.  The plan all along was to migrate the mirrorbrain network to apache
> mirrors and supplement that with sf help.  That we all agreed to this only to
> have sand kicked in our faces again is merely status quo for how this project
> operates.

Aren't you a mentor for this project?

Two thing that I'd like to say. First, with "sand kicked" in your face, do you
refer to my mail, or to a followup by somebody else?

If it has to do with my mail: I know I raised a number of technical concerns.
Which of them, or what in my mail wasn't appropriate? Please point me to
non-technical issues that I may have touched, because my intention is not to
hurt anyones feelings (and I'm sorry if this happened).

Second, I don't agree with the "we all agreed" part. It is not true that "we
all agreed". There was a discussion in the past how to proceed. The discussion
did not finish though --- but put was stopped dead by a ASF representative (of
a role unknown to me). See this thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201110.mbox/%3c4ea1fd16.4070...@wtnet.de%3e

The resolution was:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201110.mbox/%3c06de01cc948b$e9ebc710$bdc35530$@16degrees.com.au%3e

> I would like us to move on from this Topic, I have said before and I will
> say it again,
> ASF Infra will NOT support mirrorbrain.
>
> We have one mirror system and it deals with 200 or so projects. OpenOffice
> project will
> use the current ASF supported mirror system. End of story.

Bummer. IMO, the discussion was ended by force before it even started.
Therefore I don't agree that much with "we all agreed".

How about revisiting the subject?

You see, OpenOffice.org needs a powerful mirror system. For a number of
technical reasons I hopefully could explain. Wouldn't it be good to join
forces? I certainly think so and I'll be happy to support you.

Peter