On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 01:37:45PM +0800, Andre Fischer wrote:
> As for the downloaded extension.  I see this problem as an
> inconvenience at best.  For a new extension you have to update the
> main/extensions.lst file anyway, so that the new MD5 sum is used.
> If you do a clean build then everything is fine.

That's not the case, unless by clean build you mean removing the whole
source tree and checking the source again.
Reading
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots#AOO3.4UnofficialDeveloperSnapshots-buildflags
it does not seem the case with the MacOS script, and I do (only) clean
the source tree:

cd trunk
rm -rf */*/unxlngx6.pro
rm -rf */*/unxlngi6.pro
rm -rf main/solver/*/unxlngx6.pro
rm -rf main/solver/*/unxlngi6.pro

That's what I understand as a clean build.
Of course I can remove the whole source tree and check it again, but you
can not expect everyone building AOO to do so.

> The described problem occurs only if one tries to save time by
> reusing previously downloaded extensions.

The time is saved by not checking out the whole source tree, not the
previously downloaded extensions, they are downloaded to a folder that
contains source.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile