On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 23:06 +0200, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Christoph Jopp wrote:
> >>
> >> There still seems to be a misunderstanding. ...
> >>
> >> The other thing was that with announcing and publishing Beta Versions
> >> and Release Candidates also people without a close connection to the
> >> project were attracted to "test" or maybe better to "try out" the new
> >> version. And their "bug hunting" might be of some value.
> >

> > Yes, sure. While we encourage volunteers to help in an "organized" way,
> > "brave users" or "bug hunters" are welcome too. The main problem I see is to
> > provide them with a clear channel for bug reporting/triaging: some of them
> > will report bugs on a mailing list, but won't bother filing a Bugzilla
> > issue. For localized QA the localized mailing lists could do the job, for
> > general QA would it make sense to refer users to the newly created QA list?
> > (Of course the best solution would be to have everybody file their issues
> > properly in Bugzilla, but we can't expect this from everybody).

Howdy,

> Or is there something we can do to make BZ bug reporting easier?

Certainly.. different message thread, I think, but I like web forms. Any
volunteers?

> QA list is definitely *not* for reporting bugs.  Maybe ooo-users?

I'd agree, though I would encourage those folks directly active with
user communication (on the different user ML/Forums) to subscribe to it,
so that information does get out efficiently.

For right now, for myself, I ran across the wiki page:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA

That's gotta get fixed - I'll work on this tonight, the support page and
docs page on the main site also, can't be put off longer, if others
start great but either way I'll try start on those here directly, also.

//drew