Am 04/26/2012 11:59 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

On Apr 26, 2012, at 2:23 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

On 04/26/2012 02:22 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 04/26/2012 10:49 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
Nothing new to report yet. I am now looking at:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/languages.js

according to:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+%28incubating%29+Release+Candidate

We don't have the number of NL packagings as we did before, and we will
definitely not be linking NL language folks to NL sites as an
alternative as indicated in the js code -- really it's the v5 column
that indicates if the language version is provided on a mirror.

To modify the file to list only the supported languages for AOO 3.4 and
to set column v5 completley to "y" should be the best way.

At any rate, I will be constructing a new version of this code for what
we DO have now. If the user's browser language can not be found, they
are currently directed to download US english versions. Is there any
problem with continuing that?

No, I don't think so.

OK, Marcus --  I will take your advice and proceed...

If the js can know the referring page and that can be from one of
> supported NL pages like www.openoffice.org/de/ it would be good to
> use that as well. That way someone from an English browser who goes
> to www.openoffice.org/es/ and presses the download topnav button they
> can start at their expected DL.

This setting was done to let the NL team the freedom to decide where to point the user for a download: the generic download webpage or a NL specific webpage.

As there seems to be a growing consensus to use one only central download webpage and logic, I think it's better to no longer follow this choice.

OK, good night for today.

Marcus