On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:30 AM, Claudio Filho <filh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/4/28 Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>:
>> We already had this discussion and we already know these facts.  We
>> also acknowledged that the logo would probably change in the next
>> release.  We also already have a volunteer to make a vector version of
>> the next iteration of the logo.  Now we have two ;-)
>
> In fact, i already did it, but in half of the way, i remembered to ask. :-s
>
> Generally, the opensource projects have some poor image and not a
> vector art for their logo, and i already accustomed in to do logos.
> One example was for debian infographic[1], where i did many of main
> projects (and returned a lot of discussion of why haven't the libo
> logo there).
> [1]http://claudiocomputing.wordpress.com/infographic-of-debian/

The source files or the logo have been passed around via email.   The
"original" is mostly vector, but the globe with gullls portion of it
is only in bitmap form.  So the maximum size rendering we can get is
300x900 pixels.  Maybe that would be useful for you?

I'll find some place in SVN I can upload the logos.  The wiki is nice,
but not really a substitute for version control.

-Rob